Wingnuts Wicked Minecraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to report a greifer

3 posters

Go down

How to report a greifer Empty How to report a greifer

Post  Palzee Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:12 pm

How Do I report a Griefer when done in game.

If a greifer is activing greifing on the server when you are on and there is a Wingnut Knight on the server at the time then please report the greifer immediately to the Knight. It is best to PM them in game in this instance and you can do this by typing /msg <username> message. Where <username> is the name of the Knight and message is what you want to say. This is the quickest way to get a result but will generally only work if someone is greifing at that moment and it can be observed by the Knight.

If there has been an instance of greifing that involved a general disagreement i.e. someone did something to you and argued about it and you want a resolution or someone has been abusing you or you see a community member abusing Plebs etc. These sorts of greifing are dealt with by Wingnut Knights who are 1st class or above. You can either report this to Knights 1c or above who are in game or make a post in the Report a Greifer forum. Alternatively you could PM on of the Wingnut Knight's 1c or above in the forums if you feel your report is too sensitive to be made public.

If someone has been killing you without permission or stealing you stuff when they have killed you then please report this to Wingnut Knight's 1c or above using the methods above if there are no Knights on the server at the time or if there are PM them in game as instructed above.

If you have an instance of greifing whereby blocks have been broken whilst you have been offline or when a Wingnut Knight was not around then you must post in the Report a Griefer forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
‍‍What should I include on a Greifing report?

On a greifing report you should include the in game name of the person who performed the greifing. Please do not ever guess who greifed you. If you don't know for abosolutely certain then just leave the name out and say you don't know who it was. By absolutely certain I mean you actually saw them greif. If you start naming names without knowing for sure you risk offended a member for no good reason. Certainly in the past I can remember one instance in which a Community Member was named and abused by the reporter only for the logs to show it was someone else entirely! Very uncomfortable.

Also include what the was actually done. Under no circumstances should you post one line greifing reports that say "playerX greifed" or "My house got greifed, investigate". These reports are useless and will most like be ignored. If blocks have been broken you should stand where one of the blocks used to be and type /getpos into your game and post the coordinates that are presented to you. When giving the coordinates give us all of X, Y, Z. I know X and Z is good enough to tell your buddies where you are but if we need to teleport to that position to do investigation we need a Y so that we don't end up in the ground or way up in the sky. Also if you have had any structures greifed then please include some of the rarer block types that were broken. Don't tell us about your mud hut getting broken but give us something that we can search through the 50MB a week of text log files to find! Tell us about wool or iron blocks, glass, if nothing else even wood planks will help more than "My house is broken".

If it was a case of abuse or you are able to roughly guess when the greifing occured at all you should say roughly what was said or done and at what time the abuse or breaking occurred. .

Greifing reports that do not meet these requirements will most likely be ignored or at very most payers will be directed to this page until the report is right.
until later

Palzee

Palzee
Wingnuts Forum Knight
Wingnuts Forum Knight

Back to top Go down

How to report a greifer Empty Re: How to report a greifer

Post  Artakha57 Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Example of a griefing report:

Player: Artakha57

what happened: My house got completely demolished. the Brick fireplace was torn down and it appears the fire spread to torch the rest of the house. All that's left is a few blocks of glass, the stone, and some floating wood blocks.

*NOTE* this isn't a real report. this is simply an example of a good one
Artakha57
Artakha57
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubberducky2277 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Report addition!! Once a griefing incidence has been resolved, I request that the victim post "resolved" at the end of the post after the suspect is found and all materials respawned. After doing so, I will delete the thread to keep everything clean.
rubberducky2277
rubberducky2277
Wingnuts Forum Knight-1C
Wingnuts Forum Knight-1C

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down